Every time someone buys a home with Open Listings, we donate to New Story, a nonprofit that crowdfunds houses for homeless families around the world.
“Open Listings is literally housing a family and providing a foundation for them now and for many generations to come. We’re beyond grateful for Open Listings’ heart to give back and for setting an example to other companies.”
Matthew Marshall, Co-Founder New Story
5 Reasons We Love New Story:
- 100% Funding Model: 100% of donations made to New Story go to the construction of homes. New Story’s administrative overhead is paid for by their investors.
- Accountability: New Story sends videos of every family in their new home to that campaign’s donors.
- Local Support: Their local partner Mission of Hope in Haiti has been actively involved in the communities they serve for over a decade and has a local team of contractors.
- Homeownership: Safe, clean, and reliable housing for individual families helps support social and economic development for entire communities.
- Technology: Like Indiegogo and other popular crowdfunding platforms, New Story is using technology to create a positive impact around the world. (They’re also a fellow YC alum)
You can donate to Open Listings’s New Story page and help us hit our initial goal of building a home in Haiti.