What are my options for low income assistance?
In a nutshell:
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) has created a variety of programs to ease the financial burden of the homebuying process.
- The California Housing and Finance Agency (CalFHA) provides financing and programs to qualified buyers which can include downpayment and closing cost assistance.
- CalVet Home Loans is focused on helping veterans finance and buy homes in California.
- The California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) provides grants and funding, mobile home registration, protects and enforces building standards, oversees planning and community development, and researches relevant housing markets.
- HUD also provides list of vetted agencies that offer guidance regarding homebuying, renting, and foreclosure prevention.
- We encourage you to become familiar with the Federal Housing Administration (FHA), and the loans they provide. FHA loans offer low down payments, low closing costs, and easy credit qualifying.